Breakfast crepes are the newest and most improved rendition of the breakfast burrito. The traditional breakfast burrito is a large flour tortilla wrapped around scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, onions & cheese. Breakfast crepes offer an alternative by switching the flour wrap with a thin pancake wrap which can be filled with tons of different flavors like Nutella, berries, and yogurt, or you could even have it savory by stuffing it with ham and cream cheese. The burrito is the most popular menu item at fast-food franchises like McDonald’s and Chipotle. Still, many people are now experiencing breakfast crepes as a healthier alternative to their morning meals.
Differences Between Breakfast Crepes and Breakfast Burrito
1. Breakfast crepes are similar to a breakfast burrito except that the crepe is made from a pancake wrap instead of flour, and there is no large tortilla shell of eggs surrounding it. The breakfast burrito was initially filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and other ingredients. But some restaurants began to replace the egg jalapeno-filled flour tortilla with crepes which they served filled with sweet or savory ingredients such as Nutella or berries.
2. The breakfast burrito is usually a soft roll of scrambled eggs, hash browns, and bacon wrapped around a tortilla shell filled with other ingredients such as jalapeno peppers and tomato sauce. In contrast, Breakfast crepes can have any flavor filling inside them that you want, whether it be sweet or savory.
3. The breakfast burrito was invented by McDonalds in the 1960s, which is a long time ago as people can now claim that it is unhealthy to eat a morning meal made up of cheese, cream cheese, and bacon. It has become more popular recently due to franchises like Chipotle and In ‘N Out Burger, which try to cater to the health-conscious crowd with options like Soy Waffles, Oatmeal, and smoothies. The breakfast crepe is healthier than the breakfast burrito because it comprises fruit, berries, and Nutella instead of bacon and cream cheese, which are usually high in fat.
Advantages of Having Breakfast Crepes:
1. Crepes are usually smaller than a traditional burrito because that is made to be eaten as a snack, not like a full meal.
2. Crepes can be eaten at any time of the day, unlike the traditional burrito, which is usually consumed when one wakes up and is only found at fast-food restaurants available from 6-10 am.
3. Crepes are more accessible to eat than a traditional burrito because they are usually not spicy and don’t contain any rice or beans, making them easier to consume.
4. Because of the ingredients used in both dishes, Burritos are usually messy when eating them, while you can easily consume a breakfast crepe without making a mess.
5. Crepes are much healthier than a traditional burrito because they contain fresh fruit, yogurt, and other vegetable ingredients instead of the ingredients in burritos, usually cheese, bacon, and hash browns.
Breakfast burritos and crepes are very similar to one another. They both can be prepared quickly and are thus a good fit for a hot breakfast on the go. They are both made from different wraps; they can be eaten any time of the day and at any age. They are so similar that it is difficult to tell them apart if you look at them. Both meals can also come with sweet or savory ingredients inside them, and are staple representations of Latin American and French cuisine. Either way, you cant go wrong if you’re looking for the best breakfast in Denver!